Ventis Wood Insert HEI240 VB00012
Tax Credit Eligible: Save $849 off the purchase price
Note: this is a tax credit offered by the US government - not a manufacturer's rebate. It's non-refundable, which means if you get money back on your taxes, it won't change anything for you, BUT if you owe money on taxes, this credit will reduce that amount.
Click here for more information on how to get the tax credit for your wood stove.
Introducing the HEI240 - a real powerhouse with some awesome features! It's got non-catalytic combustion tech and a cool Stainless-steel secondary-air system that makes gas combustion a breeze.
Can you believe this bad boy can burn for a whole 8 hours straight? And it can handle logs up to 20 inches long, pumping out a max of 75,000 BTU/H. That's some serious heat right there!
Oh, and guess what? It's all eco-friendly and EPA 2020 approved, so you know it's good for the planet too.
But here's the best part - you get to choose the perfect faceplate to make this unit look just the way you want it.
So, if you want a top-notch wood stove, the HEI240 is the one for you!
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area (9)||500 - 2,100 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||2.4 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||1.95 ft³|
|Maximum burn time (9)||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (4)||75,000 BTU/h|
|Minimum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||14,200 BTU/h (4.16 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate (4) (5)||44,500 BTU/h (13.04 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV) (5) (6)||72 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV) (5) (7)||77 %|
|Optimum efficiency (1) (2)||79 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (8)||76 %|
|Average particulate emission rate (3)||2.3 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||69 g/h|
- 1. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- 2. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- 3. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- 4. The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- 5. As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- 6. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- 7. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- 8. The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- 9. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
- 10. Carbon monoxyde.
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144 CFM included|
|Certified according to applicable standards||CAN/USA accredited laboratory|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Recommended chimney diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||28 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||22 7/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||26 3/4"|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Door opening size (Height)||9"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||16 7/8" x 10 1/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||21"|
|Firebox size (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||14 1/2"|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Width)||28 7/8"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Height)||23 3/8"|
|Minimum fireplace opening (Depth)||15 3/4"|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 certified|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Shipping weight||399 lb (181 kg)|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearances - Base of the unit to ceiling**||84"||84"|
|Clearances - Combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearances - Combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearances - Combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
|Clearances - Top of the unit to a 12" combustible mantle shelf||27"||27"|
*The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.