Enhance the effectiveness of your Austral III wood stove by using the Heatflow S5 system to distribute heat to other rooms. This system presents a durable and safe strategy to maximize the utility of your alternative heat source.
The Austral III, combined with its environmental friendliness and high performance, is perfect for warming spaces up to 2,300 ft². It registers among the most eco-friendly appliances available, with a particle emission rate of just 0.95 g/h. With its maximum capacity of 90,000 BTU/h, it assures to keep you toasty throughout the winter. Its firebox is specifically designed for accommodating logs over depth.
When installed on top of your Austral III, the Heatflow S5, a galvanized steel cabinet, serves to efficiently propel heat to other rooms within your home. The design of this system is streamlined for easy assembly and installation. It's not only durable but also a safe way to capitalize on your auxiliary heat source!
Included: Heatflow S5 system, steel legs with ash drawer, top air deflector, ceramic glass, ash lip, air damper
- Burn time lasts as much as 10 hours
- Accommodates logs up to 20 inches
- Firebox with a 3.3 cubic feet capacity
- Reinforced heavy-duty 5/16" steel top featuring C-Cast heat shield
- Compliant with EPA certification
- Manufactured with pride in Canada
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area(9)||900 - 2,300 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||3.3 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||2.67 ft³|
|Maximum burn time(9)||10 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood(4)||90,000 BTU/h (26.4 kW)|
|Minimum overall heat output rate(4) (5)||15,841 BTU/h (4.64 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate(4) (5)||57,041 BTU/h (16.72 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV)(5) (6)||71.1 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV)(5) (7)||76.6 %|
|Optimum efficiency(1) (2)||78 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency(8)||74 %|
|Average particulate emission rate(3)||0.95 g/h|
|Average CO(10)||61.3 g/h|
|Alcove installation approved||Yes|
|Mobile home approved||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Overall dimension (Width)||23 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||32 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||32 1/2"|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||Optional|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to back unit||7 1/2"|
|Recommended chimney diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12'|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||16"|
|Door opening size (Height)||12"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||14 5/8" x 11 3/4"|
|Firebox size (Width)||19"|
|Firebox size (Height)||14 1/8"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||21"|
|Log positioning||Loading over depth|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||Yes|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA Standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Shipping weight||410 lb (186 kg)|
|Clearances to combustibles*||Canada||United-States|
|Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe||Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe|
|Clearance - Side wall||20"||20"||20"||20"|
|Clearance - Corner||12"||10"||12"||10"|
|Clearance - Back wall||14 1/2"||7 1/2"||14 1/2"||7 1/2"|
|Clearance - Base of the unit to ceiling**||84"||84"||84"||84"|
*The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
- 1. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- 2. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- 3. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- 4. The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- 5. As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- 6. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- 7. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- 8. The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- 9. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
- 10. Carbon monoxide.